Whether you’re looking for a large farm for sale in Lake City, a cattle ranch in Columbia County, or an estate home in Lake City – or if you’re already living in this beautiful area of North Florida – you know that Halloween is just around the corner… and it’s going to be plenty of fun, especially when you follow these basic Halloween safety tips.
Halloween Safety Tips for Lake City Families
Everyone’s excited on Halloween, but you can’t let the excitement take away from good planning. Check out these safety tips before the big night:
- Plan your trick-or-treating route ahead of time, especially if you’re going to be in an unfamiliar area or if kids are flying solo while you stay behind to hand out candy.
- Make sure your kids’ costumes are bright and reflective, and if they didn’t come that way, add reflective tape.
- Put your kids in comfortable shoes. (Okay, this one’s just to save you from carrying the kids on the return trip… we learned this one the hard way.)
- Skip masks and opt for face makeup instead; masks can hinder your child’s ability to see and breathe.
- Opt for flexible accessories (like swords and magic wands).
- Stick to well-lit areas, and don’t knock on doors where the porch light isn’t on.
With all that said, go out and have a blast! Save some candy for us (feel free to drop it by the office on November 1).
Do You Need to Talk to a Lake City Realtor® About Buying a Home?
Whether you’re buying a house, a farm, or a tract of timberland, we can help you find something that’s just right for your needs.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online. We may be able to help you find the perfect property in Lake City or the surrounding communities.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Waterfront residential
- Waterfront land
- Bank-owned and foreclosures
- Short sales
- Paved road frontage
- Non-deed-restricted land
- Wooded oak tree land
- Land for land home combo