If you’re repainting your home—whether you’re putting it on the market and need some touch-ups or you’re buying a home in Lake City that needs a little TLC—you need to know about the hottest paint colors. According to Country Living, this list of the 10 best spans the entire spectrum, and there’s something on it for every style.
The 10 Hottest Paint Colors for Redecorating
- Barnstable Blue, Ralph Lauren Paint
- Oasis, Valspar
- Pale Powder, Farrow & Ball
- Monroe Bisque, Benjamin Moore
- Hibiscus Pink, Valspar
- Turning Oakleaf, PPG Pittsburgh Paint
- Old Navy, Benjamin Moore
- Texas Leather, Benjamin Moore
- Stop, Sherwin-Williams
- Tibetan Jasmine, Ralph Lauren Paint
How to Paint Your Home’s Interior
Whether you’re selling or you’ve just moved in, a successful paint job involves three steps: planning, preparing, and painting.
Planning to Paint
When you’re planning, you need to choose the right brush and roller covers. According to Sherwin-Williams, there are three types of brushes to consider:
- Natural-bristle brushes made with animal hairs are ideal for applying oil base paints, varnishes, shellac, polyurethane and other oil base finishes.
- Blended nylon/polyester brushes are easy to clean. They’re best with any type of latex paint.
- Polyester brushes are best for latex paints. They hold their shape and help you apply paint evenly.
The roller covers you choose are important, too. Sherwin-Williams says:
- Synthetic covers (nylon, dacron or polyester) are ideal for most latex paints.
- Natural covers (mohair or sheepskin) should be used with oil-based paints.
- Blended covers (polyester/wool blend) combine the extra pickup of wool with polyester for longer life.
When it’s time to start painting, remember to:
- Remove drapes, all art, area rugs and everything else that could get paint on it
- Open a window or door for ventilation
- Wrap plastic around your light fixtures, and cover things you can’t move with a tarp or masking tape
- Make sure you clean the walls before you begin
Are You Looking for North Florida Land for Sale?
If you’re trying to find land for sale in Lake City or the surrounding communities, we’d be happy to help.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online to tell us what you’re looking for; we’ll start searching right away.