Putting your home on the market is a big deal – and if you’re like most people, you assume that you’ll host open houses, people will set appointments to see it and, eventually, someone will buy it.
That’s pretty much the case, but don’t forget one important step: home staging.
What is Home Staging?
Home staging is the process of sprucing up your home to minimize its shortcomings and maximize its strengths. Essentially, it’s making your home look more appealing for people who are searching for North Florida homes for sale.
Staging Your North Florida Home for Sale
Most people can get the basics of home staging down in one afternoon. However, you can take things one step (or five steps) farther.
1. Improve the lighting. The ultimate goal is to have 100 watts of light for every 50 square feet. The brighter and more vibrant your home appears, the better. Invest in new overhead bulbs and place accent lights wherever necessary. A well-placed reading lamp is always a great addition.
2. Blend small rooms together to make them look larger. With a coat of neutral paint, you can blend a dining room and a kitchen, for example. This gives them both a roomier look that highlights the functional space of your home.
3. Bring in live plants. Nobody wants to buy a home that doesn’t look cheerful, and adding peace lilies or another beautiful plant can uplift any room.
4. Group your furniture together and keep it off the walls. Strangely enough, rooms look smaller when furniture is pushed up against the walls. Pull it in a few inches and make sure it looks like the kind of place people could gather for a nice chat.
5. Make sure each room has a clearly defined purpose. Turn that catch-all room into a home office (temporarily, of course) or a library so people can see how versatile the entire house can be.
Are You Selling a Home in North Florida?
If you’re interested in selling your house, let us know. We have an excellent marketing strategy that we adapt to each client to ensure that your home gets in front of all the right buyers, and we’d be happy to share our expertise with you.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online. We’ll do what it takes to get your home sold quickly and at the right price.