However, there may be a handful of things you can do to increase its value, as well.
5 Tips for Boosting the Resale Value of Your Home
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a fortune to increase the value of your home. In fact, spending a little time over a weekend could result in a much higher sale price – and if you’re the DIY-type, these quick fixes are right up your alley.
- Create space wherever possible. If a kitchen island is taking up too much room in your kitchen, pull it out. Buyers like wide-open floor plans, and sometimes a kitchen island isn’t conducive with that. However, keep in mind that some buyers like the added storage space an island provides – so only remove it if there’s plenty of cupboards and adequate counter space.
- Invest in professional landscaping. Even if you don’t hire a professional, $400 to $500 spent on landscaping can result in a four-fold return on inevestment.
- Improve your lighting system. You don’t have to install new lights in every room in the house, but if you can, it may be a great investment. If you can’t, purchasing attractive lamps and using them strategically during showings can help buyers see the light, so to speak.
- Add energy efficiency. Solar panels are always great investments, but so are new HVAC systems and appliances. Buyers like knowing that they’re helping the environment and that energy efficient features will save them money over time.
- Spruce up your bathrooms. Don’t go overboard, because high-end bathroom overhauls aren’t usually cost-effective. However, replacing doorknobs and cabinet pulls, cleaning the grout and applying fresh caulk can go a very long way toward impressing potential buyers.
Are You Selling a Home in North Florida?
If you’re selling a home in North Florida, we’d love the opportunity to show you how we can put it in front of the right buyers. We specialize in helping our clients sell their homes quickly and at the right price, so get in touch with us online or call us at 386-243-0124 today.