Many people who want to sell equestrian property, homes or other properties in Lake City wonder whether it’s worth the expense of hiring a Realtor® to work for them.
It is in a decision you should take lightly – in fact, selling a home is a lot of work. Many people who choose to sell their own properties don’t realize that time, effort and money that goes into marketing and selling a house or property.
If You’re Thinking of Selling Your Own Property…
If you’re thinking about selling your own property, you’ll need to ask yourself a few questions first:
- Are you familiar with the Lake City real estate market?
- Do you know how to complete and file all the necessary paperwork for a real estate transaction?
- Are you ready to work with the buyer’s agent, and are you willing to negotiate? If you are, do you know how to negotiate effectively?
- How will you market your property to ensure that it gets the attention it deserves?
- Do you know how to screen potential buyers so you’re not wasting time?
It’s true that you’ll need to pay your Realtor a commission on the sale of your property. However, most property owners find that the tradeoffs make it very worthwhile.
What Do Realtors Do for Sellers?
Your Realtor, as a seller’s agent, has only your best interests in mind. He wants you to get the best possible price for your property and sell it as quickly as possible.
In order to do that, your Realtor will:
- Give you a complete comparative market analysis, or CMA, to ensure that you’re asking the right price for your property.
- Market your property across a variety of mediums to ensure that it will reach the widest possible audience of potential buyers. This can include online marketing, direct mail and a number of other marketing strategies.
- Negotiate with buyer’s agents and give you guidance on whether you should accept offers four reject them.
- Ensure that you don’t waste time negotiating with buyers who are not qualified to purchase your property.
- Fill out and file all of the appropriate paperwork necessary to complete the transaction.
Because it’s quite a bit of work to sell a home or property, most people find that working with an experienced Realtor is well worth the commission fee.
Are You Selling an Equestrian Property, Timberland or Home in Lake City?
If you’re selling and equestrian property, timberland, farm or ranch, or residential home in Lake City or the surrounding communities, we can help.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or get in touch with us online. We’ll walk you through the entire selling process and ensure that you are getting the best possible price for your property. While you’re here, don’t forget to download our free home selling guide, which is packed with excellent tips to prepare you for the process.