You’ll have a tough time loving your home if you don’t like the neighborhood—and statistically, people who love their homes are generally happier and more well-adjusted.
So how do you find the perfect neighborhood?
How to Find the Perfect Neighborhood
Before you can find the perfect neighborhood, you need to know what you’re looking for.
- Are you planning to grow your family? Even if you don’t have children now, it’s a good idea to look at the schools (and if you sell, your buyers might have kids) to make sure they’re up to snuff.
- Would you prefer maintenance-free living, like what you’d find in a condo or a townhome? How do you feel about homeowners’ associations?
- What will your commute look like?
- Is “walkability” important to you?
- What’s missing from your current neighborhood? What would you change about the subdivision you’re in?
Once you know what you want, you can start zeroing in on specific neighborhoods. Talk to your Realtor® about the neighborhoods and subdivisions in Lake City and the surrounding communities to find out which ones may be best for you.
You’ll want to check out the neighborhoods you’re interested in at various times of day. A subdivision that’s extremely quiet and peaceful at 8 a.m. may turn into party central at night.
When you’re scoping out potential neighborhoods, write down your first impression. Think about whether:
- The homes are well-maintained
- The streets are in good shape
- The community has a welcoming feel
- There’s vandalism or abandoned buildings
- There are a lot of “For Sale” signs in the community
Can you see yourself in the neighborhood? If you can, you may have hit pay dirt—and it’s time to ask your Realtor to start showing you homes in the area.
Are You Buying a Home in Lake City or Elsewhere in North Florida?
If you’re buying a home in Lake City or in another community in North Florida, we’d love the opportunity to help you.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online so we can begin searching for your next home right away.