When you’re purchasing a home, an equestrian property or timberland in North Florida, you may be competing with other potential buyers.
The prices are great, the land is gorgeous and you can’t beat the location – but how do you make your offer stand out so that the sellers choose yours?
How to Make Your Offer Stand Out in N. Florida Real Estate
When sellers are torn between two offers, and each is willing to pay the same amount of money, it’s tough to tell who’s going to come out on top.
Unless, of course, you’ve done something to make yours stand out.
Sellers want something that will give them peace-of-mind, and what’s usually important is that they close the contract on time, at the right price and up to their original standards.
Having a preapproval letter is one great way to make your offer stand out, because it shows that you’re serious about buying and that a lender is serious about letting you borrow enough money to do so.
However, many other things can affect a seller’s decision. You can give yourself an advantage if:
- You’re paying your own costs rather than you’re asking the seller to pay all or part of them
- You don’t make your offer contingent on selling your own home
- You’re willing to shorten inspection periods
- You offer to close early or lease the home back to the seller for a short time (usually until he or she finds a new home)
- You’ve made an emotional connection with the seller by sending a hand-written note about how much you like the property and how you’ll take care of it
Putting up a larger-than-normal amount of earnest money can also help a seller choose your offer over others.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online. We’ll be happy to show you what’s available in North Florida real estate so you can find the perfect place for your needs.