If you’re thinking of selling your home, it’s important to know whether it’s a buyer’s or seller’s market. The real estate market is in a constant state of flux, and it can vary from city to city. Determining which scenario your town is experiencing can be as simple as looking to see how many properties are for sale and how long they’ve been on the market.
In a seller’s market, the demand is higher than the inventory and usually results in higher home prices—which is music to a home seller’s ears. Changes in home prices can be volatile and are determined by factors such as the economy, interest rates and supply and demand.
Taking advantage of a seller’s market proves fruitful for most people, but you must remember—you’ll probably end up in the buyer’s position at some point during this process. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your home sale:
- Set your asking price just below market value to draw a lot of offers. You’ll most likely incite a bidding war and end up well ahead.
- In most cases, you’ll be able to take your time reviewing offers. It doesn’t have to be a rush—unless you want it to be.
- Negotiate contingencies to work to your benefit. You may be able to get out of making small repairs and sell the house as-is.
- You can turn down buyers who have a list of demands. Sometimes they can dictate the whole process and leave sellers frustrated.
Are You Thinking of Buying or Selling a Home in North Florida?
If you’re considering buying or selling a home in North Florida, call us at 386-243-0124 or get in touch with us online. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll begin our search right away!
In the meantime, check out North Florida land for sale using the links below:
- North Florida Land for sale under 1 Acre
- North Florida Land for sale 1 to 5 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 5 to 10 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 10 to 20 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 20 to 40 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 40 to 100 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 100 to 200 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 200 to 500 Acres
- North Florida Land for sale 500 Acres and Above