If you’re like most people, you’ve held a yard sale at some point in your life—and if you’ve done this year’s summertime cleaning, you’re ready to have another one now.
Summer is the perfect time to clear out the old and make room for the new… or, if you’re holding a yard sale so you can properly stage your home, to unload the excess items you won’t need in your next house.
So how do you get started and have the best garage sale in Lake City?
5 Tips for Holding the Best Yard Sale in Lake City
Three things bring people to yard sales:
- Great signage
- A personalized presentation
- A varied inventory with items that people find interesting
Garage sale expert Ava Seavey says that if you want to hold a great yard sale, you should try to get as much as you can for your items. Her tips include:
- Putting more than 100 items up for sale. You might need to partner with neighbors, friends and family. Why? Because if you have relatively few items for sale, people will keep driving rather than stopping to see what you have to offer.
- Create visual appeal for everything you’re selling, which can include using tablecloths to highlight more expensive items or keeping everything on shelves. Try not to leave items on the ground, and if you must, at least use a blanket.
- Make sure every item has a price tag. Shoppers won’t have to talk about each item with you, and people will be free to browse based on their budgets. Additionally, you won’t forget how much you intended to charge for each item—and you’ll end up getting more for the things you’re selling.
- Make sure you have plenty of plastic bags handy so you can give them to people who make purchases. It’s really just a nice touch, but it also clears out more space inside your home.
- Choose the ideal date. According to statistics, Friday is the best day of the week for a yard sale. However, you can hold one on a Friday and a Saturday if you want to appeal to the widest range of buyers. Steer clear of holiday weekends, though—people have other plans!
Are You Buying a Home in North Florida?
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online. We’ll begin a custom search just for you.