If you’re a pet parent who’s buying a home in Lake City or anywhere else in North Florida, you and your pet will be a lot happier if you ask yourself three big questions before making an offer.
3 Questions Every Pet Parent Should Ask Before Buying a Home
First things first: Let your Lake City Realtor(R) know you’re looking for a pet-friendly home. When you start looking at homes, ask yourself:
- What are the HOA’s pet rules?
- Does the house have pet-friendly floors?
- How will my pet do with stairs, the backyard and other features of the home?
What Are the HOA’s Pet Rules?
Every HOA has its own covenants, conditions and restrictions, or CC&Rs, which govern the whole community. If you’re moving into a neighborhood with a homeowners’ association, your Realtor can get you a copy of the CC&Rs so you can read through and make sure there aren’t breed or size restrictions that could apply to your four-legged family members.
Does the House Have Pet-Friendly Floors?
Not all floors are pet-friendly – some can be easily damaged by pets’ claws, and others just aren’t easy to walk on. As you walk through the home, think about how your pet will cope with the flooring.
How Will My Pet Do With Stairs, the Backyard and Other Features of the Home?
If your pet is aging – or even if he or she is still young – you have to consider how the stairs, the backyard and other features of the home will affect your pet’s enjoyment of the space.
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City