If you’re like many people, you’re hoping to get a great deal when you buy a home for sale in Lake City. But how can you tell if the seller is really willing to negotiate? These are three ways you can spot a desperate home seller who may be willing to wheel and deal.
Three Ways to Spot a Desperate Home Seller
- The house is overflowing with beds (and there’s a crib in the master bedroom)
A sure sign that a family has outgrown its house is seeing bedrooms stuffed with beds and kids’ belongings. Think about this, too: Sellers who have outgrown their home are probably in a hurry to sell. Keeping the home staged a stressful, and so is juggling kids for showings.
- The house is empty.
An empty house means that the seller has moved on – but the lights are still on, and so is the air conditioning or heater, which means they’re still paying the bills. Don’t forget about the mortgage, too. The point? The seller is still paying for a home he or she is no longer living in.
- The house has been on the market for a while.
The longer a home is on the market, the more likely the seller will be to negotiate with few just to get it sold. Check out the listing history; has the home then listed with several agents? Has the price always been the same, or has it gone down over time? These are all clues that the home owner may be willing to work with you and adjust his or her price so that you will buy the home.
Are You Buying a Home in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City