We’ve all been there – your real estate agent calls and says there are people who want to come to see your home, but the only time that works for them is… right now.
And your floors are a hot mess.
Good news: You can clean all the floors in your house in 15 minutes.
How to Clean All Your Floors in 15 Minutes
First things first: You need the right tools. A quality vacuum is a great start, but you also need a steam mop or a specialty hardwood floor mop.
Use these tips to get it all done quickly:
- Vacuum from the far side of the room toward the door. Move quickly and don’t overlap. When you start in the farthest corner, work your way back and forth until you get to the door. Then do the hallway section in front of the door before you move to the next room. Walk backward so you don’t leave footprints! (And if you’re a nosy seller, you’ll see the buyers’ footprints in each room so you can gauge how much they explored. Not that we’ve done that.)
- Vacuum hardwoods and tile – don’t sweep. Sweeping takes up precious time, but vacuuming cuts it in half. Use your attachments to get the corners where pet hair and dust can build up. You can even use the attachments on the baseboards. Plus, vacuums get the stuff that your broom will leave behind.
- Use a steam mop or specialty hardwood floor cleaner instead of a regular mop, which sloshes dirt and grime everywhere.
- Spot-clean where you can rather than doing the whole floor.
Are You Selling or Buying a Home for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re selling a home in Lake City, we’re the local experts. We know how to market your home aggressively and bring in qualified buyers, and we’d love to help you sell quickly and at the right price.
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City