If you’re entertaining over the holidays, it’s important to get your home ready—and a little preparation now can save you plenty of problems when friends and family are in town.
How to Prep Your Home for the Holidays
The first thing to remember is to relax. The family or friends who are coming to stay with you over the holidays are just that: family and friends. They’ll be there to see you, not your house, so don’t stress too much over minor details.
With that said, start at the front door.
Holiday Guest Prepping Checklist
- Sweep the porch and shake out the doormat.
- Wash the windows on the front of the house.
- Clear your counters and stash away clutter.
- Put a fresh sponge in the sink.
- Clean the bathrooms and put up a note to warn guests if they need to jiggle the handle when they flush (trust us on this one).
- Place a plunger near the toilet, and keep a spray deodorizer next to it, too.
- Hang scented pinecones or cinnamon brooms near areas your guests will frequent, such as the front door or in closets (and put some near the litter box, too).
Are You Looking for a Lake City Home or North Florida Land for Sale?
If you’re trying to find land for sale in Lake City or a home for sale in Lake City (or the surrounding communities), we’d be happy to help.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or contact us online to tell us what you’re looking for; we’ll start searching right away.