When you’re selling a home in Lake City or one of the surrounding communities, it’s important you talk to your Realtor(R) about what you can do to help him sell it faster.
But there are a few things you might be doing that are actually sabotaging your sale.
Here’s what you need to know.
How to Sabotage Your Home Sale
- Bad paint choices
- Too much of your personal style
- Failing to be flexible for showings
Bad Paint Choices
Buyers want neutral colors. They know they can repaint if they want a big, red wall in the bedroom – but they won’t see past it if there’s already one there.
If your home is full of bold colors that could be considered eccentric or eclectic, it’s time to pull out the roller and buy a few buckets of beige.
Too Much of Your Personal Style
Don’t distract your buyers with your personalized decor. Let them see your home’s fabulous features without distraction. Take down family photos, religious items and even seasonal decor – replace it all with neutral, almost-boring objects that won’t pull a buyer’s attention from any room.
Failing to Be Flexible for Showings
You have to be ready to show the home when buyers want to see it. Every showing you turn down slims your chances of selling your home quickly, so make sure you’re flexible enough to accommodate the majority of buyers.
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City