When you’re selling a farmhouse in Lake City or one of the surrounding communities, your REALTOR® will probably talk to you about staging it to make it as appealing as possible to prospective buyers – and part of that is through curb appeal.
Curb Appeal Basics
Curb appeal – how attractive your home is from the outside, when buyers first pull up to tour it – is incredibly important. That’s because buyers start forming their first impressions of your farmhouse before they even step on the front porch. Your main goal is to create a great first impression that buyers can carry with them through the front door – and the best way to do that is to spruce up the exterior of your farmhouse and ensure your yard is in great shape.
What Can You Do to Improve Curb Appeal?
You don’t necessarily have to repaint your house – but you should talk to your REALTOR® about whether it’s a good idea. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint works wonders for curb appeal, so it may be in your best interest to hire a professional painter to handle it for you. If your real estate agent suggests repainting the exterior of your farmhouse, keep in mind that it’s to help you sell the home and property faster (and, in many cases, for more money).
Search North Florida Land for Sale Now
Other than paint, you can use these tips to help boost your farmhouse’s curb appeal and draw in interested buyers:
- Get a new mailbox. The first thing buyers see when they pull up in front of your home is the mailbox, so make sure yours is in good condition. If it’s not, invest in a new one.
- Put up new house numbers. Shiny, new house numbers suggest that you’ve taken good care of your home – and that’s what buyers really want to see.
- Clean up the yard. Make sure kids’ toys are put away and that the yard doesn’t have any “junk” in it. Buyers want neat, clean landscaping.
Cut the grass and put out potted plants. Trim your yard and don’t neglect edging. If you don’t have flowers or plants growing around your yard, add a few potted plants in strategic locations – and make sure they’re colorful and bright.
Are You Buying a Home or Land for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
Check these out:
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County