When you’re selling a farmhouse in North Florida, whether it’s in Lake City or another community, your REALTOR® will talk to you about the importance of staging the home to make it as appealing as possible to a wide range of buyers. The property may be what sells the home, but you still want the home to look its best.
One way to do that is through home staging.
Related: How to stage your living room
What is Home Staging?
Home staging is setting up your home so it’s as attractive as possible to the widest possible range of buyers. In order to stage your home to sell, you must first:
- Buyers want to see that your home is easy to maintain and care for, and you’ll make that easier on them when you ensure every part of the house is spotlessly clean.
- Buyers want to know that they’ll have no problem storing their stuff in your home, and they want to see that there’s plenty of room. That’s why it’s essential for you to declutter as much as possible.
- Take down personal effects that can make it difficult for prospective buyers to envision their belongings in your space. Family photos, eclectic décor (such as collections that may not appeal to everyone) and anything that could be considered “controversial” needs to come down if you want to sell your farmhouse and land.
Search North Florida Land for Sale Now
There’s a tremendous amount of home staging advice available on the internet, and your REALTOR® will walk you through the basics. As you stage your home, remember:
- Keeping things neutral is key. Opt for neutral décor to replace family photos and other personal items, because neutral appeals to the widest range of buyers.
- Open space is at a premium. If you have so much furniture in your home that it’s tough to navigate, take some out. Buyers want clear, easy walking paths in and between rooms.
- Don’t neglect curb appeal. Buyers start forming an impression of your home as soon as they pull up at the curb, which means that you have to make it a good one. Clean up the front yard, repaint the shutters and do basic yard maintenance tasks so buyers enjoy what they see before they even come in the front door.
Are You Buying a Home or Land for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
Check these out:
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County