If you’re buying a farm, equestrian property with a house, or any other home in Lake City, you may be out attending open houses. There are a few questions you should ask at each open house you go to – that way, you can really uncover the truth about each home you visit (and make a more informed decision).
3 Things to Ask at an Open House
You can ask the agent working at the open house any questions you’d like, but it’s always a good idea to ask these three:
- Have there been any recent improvements?
- When do the sellers want to close?
- How much traffic comes through the neighborhood?
Let’s take a closer look at each question.
1. Have there been any recent improvements?
Asking if the home has been improved recently is the best way to find out how much work you might have to do if you decide to buy. If the roof was recently replaced, for example, you shouldn’t have to worry about it for another 20 to 30 years.
2. When do the sellers want to close?
One of the main things you’ll negotiate in the home-buying process is when to close – and if you know when the sellers want to do so, you can use that information to tailor your offer. If the sellers want to close quickly because they bought a new home, for example, you can offer to do so; likewise, if they’re waiting for new construction, you can let them know you’re willing to wait until they can vacate.
3. How much traffic comes through the neighborhood?
If you’re visiting a neighborhood on the weekend, you’re not likely to see the average amount of traffic that runs through during the week. You can ask if the street is busy in the mornings, when kids are walking to and from the bus stop or school, or if it’s a route people take to avoid traffic.
Are You Buying a Home or Land for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
Check these out:
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County