If you’re like most people who are selling a home in Lake City, you want to know just how much work you’ll need to put into it to get it ready for the market.
The short answer: Talk to your Lake City Realtor®.
The long answer: Talk to your Lake City Realtor for a long time.
How Much Work Do You Need to Do to Prep Your Home for Sale?
Don’t let the thought of cleaning up and prepping your house for sale stress you out too much. There’s usually a lot less to do than most owners think.
- Make sure your house is immaculately clean. You can hire a cleaning company for a one-time cleaning or you can do it yourself. The key is maintaining it well, so before a showing, run through the house and pick up clutter, dust and vacuum.
- Make sure your house is staged. Take out half your furniture, take down eclectic décor and family photos, and arrange what’s left so it appeals to the widest possible range of buyers.
- Make all the repairs before you list. Dripping faucets, wonky light switches and burned-out bulbs all need some TLC before you put your house on the market.
Your Realtor will walk you through everything you need to do to get the home showing-ready, so don’t stress over it – it’s not that hard!
Are You Selling a Home in Lake City?
If you’re selling a home in Lake City, we’d love to help you.
Call us at 386-243-0124 or get in touch with us online to find out what we can do to advertise your home and help you sell it quickly – and at the right price.
If you’re also looking for a new home, check out our:
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City