If you’re like many people searching for a home for sale in Lake City, you’ve heard of a home warranty – but what is that, and do you need one?
What is a Home Warranty?
A home warranty is a lot like a vehicle warranty. You pay a warranty company to take care of issues that arise before the term of the warranty has expired. It’s different from homeowners insurance, which covers damages and loss caused by disasters or break-ins; a home warranty covers wear and tear and breakdowns.
What Does a Home Warranty Cover?
Every home warranty policy is different, so make sure you ask about coverages before you sign the dotted line.
How Does a Home Warranty Work?
If something breaks in your new home and it’s covered by your home warranty, you call the warranty company. They’ll charge you a service call fee (how much it’ll be should be outlined in your contract) and send out a local professional. Then, labor and parts are typically covered – but again, make sure before you buy a home warranty.
Are You Moving to Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City