If you’re buying land for sale in Columbia County, you need to know about zoning – what it is, how it works and how it’ll affect you.
What is Zoning?
Zoning is a restriction on the way or ways that land can be used. Zoning laws help local governments preserve property values, and they help ensure that communities are functional.
How Zoning Works
The government – usually a municipal, town or township government – sets zoning rules for their own location. In most cases, these agencies divide their jurisdictions into zones that are classified by types of land use that are permitted.
One area could be residential, and another is commercial, and another is agricultural. There can by hybrid zones mixed in – those zones can be used for a mixture of these. Further, some residential areas might allow only single-family homes, but others can include apartments, condos and townhouses.
Are You Moving to Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City