If you’re thinking about buying a home for sale in Lake City, FL, there are few things you need to know about the process. This list will get you started:
- Real estate agents work on commission, but buyers don’t pay upfront fees
- You can buy a home with seller financing that doesn’t even involve a traditional lender
- Sometimes homes that have been on the market for a while our great deals
Real Estate Agents and Commissions
Ever real estate agent works at a commission basis. He or she doesn’t get paid until a home transaction is complete. However, if you’re a buyer, there’s absolutely no reason you shouldn’t work with a Realtor®. It always pays to have someone with your best interests at heart in your corner – but on top of that, buyers don’t pay an agent’s commission. Typically, those come out of the Sellers profits when you close the transaction.
Some Sellers in lake city are willing to serve as the lender in a real estate transaction. The seller holds the mortgage and the buyer signed a contract that says he or she will make payments directly to the seller. Generally, this is a great idea for home buyers who can’t get a conventional loan for any reason – and it can save you big and closing costs.
Homes That Have Been on the Market
Just because a home has been for sale for quite some time, there isn’t necessarily anything wrong with it. In many cases, homes that don’t sell right away are simply priced too high. By the time the seller gets smart and lowers the price, new homes have hit the market – and buyers are more interested in those. The older a listing is, the fewer buyers there are to look at it, and that means you may be able to swoop in and get a great deal.
Are You Buying a Home in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City