If you’re like most people buying a home for sale in Lake City, you know you’re going to have to pay closing costs – but what are they, and how much will they really cost you?
What Are Closing Costs?
Closing costs are the expenses that you’ll have to pay for buying a home. These expenses are outside the cost of the home itself.
Closing costs can include:
- Appraisal fees
- Loan origination fees
- Discount points
- Title searches
- Title insurance
- Survey fees
- Deed-recording fees
- Credit report charges
How Much Are Closing Costs?
Closing costs generally cost somewhere between 2 and 5 percent of a home’s purchase price. The total dollar amount depends on the home’s price.
They also vary by lender and service provider. Legally, though, your lender must give you a “good faith estimate” of the closing costs associated with your mortgage product within three days of receiving your application. The good faith estimate is only your lender’s best guess, though; it’s not going to be exact because again, the fees can vary by service provider.
Are You Buying a Home in Lake City?
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City