In real estate – like in most other things – you’re always free to try to negotiate with a seller.
But sometimes you’re not in a good bargaining position, while other times, you really are.
Here’s what you need to know.
Can You Negotiate on a Property’s Price?
Many experts say you’re in a strong negotiating position if you’re:
- A cash buyer, meaning you’re paying for the property with cash and don’t need to take out a mortgage loan
- Preapproved for a mortgage, meaning you’ve been through credit and income checks with your lender and your lender has agreed to lend you the money to buy the property if your financial situation stays the same
- Buying the property without the condition that you need to sell your current home first
Remember, too, that you could be in a better position if the home has been on the market for some time or you’re dealing with a seller who’s going through a divorce, work-related relocation or other issue.
In cases like those – and in some other cases – you may be able to negotiate money off the home’s listed price.
But sometimes, you’re in a poor position to negotiate, such as when you’re:
- Buying in a hot seller’s market
- Competing with multiple other offers
Are You Selling or Buying a Home for Sale in Lake City?
If you’re selling a home in Lake City, we’re the local experts. We know how to market your home aggressively and bring in qualified buyers, and we’d love to help you sell quickly and at the right price.
If you’re moving to Lake City, we can help you find the perfect place to live. Call us at 386-243-0124 to tell us what you want from your home and we will begin searching right away.
In the meantime, check out the most popular Lake City home searches by exploring the links below.
- Waterfront residential in Lake City
- Waterfront land in Columbia County
- Bank-owned homes and foreclosure in Columbia County
- Short sales in Columbia County
- Paved road frontage for sale in Columbia County
- Non-deed-restricted land for sale in Columbia County
- Wooded oak tree land for sale in Columbia County
- Land-for-land home combo in Lake City